Monday, January 7, 2008

bra

India calling
The demand for these bras was so immense, it was as if every girl's life depended on it. I pondered, how could a bra cause such a commotion? I realised that looking that good wasn't the catch...feeling good was. So, as England came to grips with being uplifted, India beckoned. I considered it a personal calling. As with everything else in the world's fastest growing economy -- when times are changing, India is never far off the mark. Or so I thought.
There was, however, a small problem. Coming from England I believe every woman should know her bra size as well as she knows her shoe size, but I soon realised that retail in India had not been conducive to bra measuring. I had a city full of women who were all in the wrong size. 'I'm a B cup, I'm a B cup', they all protested. Yeah, right! I realised my work was cut out.

No comments: